Referencing: Choosing and using software
Formatting your in text citations, footnotes and bibliography correctly for your thesis or publication is a chore. Reference management software makes it easier and saves you time. This introductory session gives an overview of how reference management works, explores the pros and cons of a wide range of software packages and gives you the opportunity to try out five different packages (RefWorks, EndNote, Zotero, Mendeley and Papers) so that you can work out which one is best for you.
• Understand how reference management software works and what it does
• Understand the pros and cons of a range of reference management packages
• Add, edit and organise references using a number of different tools
• Add citations to documents and create bibliographies using a number of different tools
• Make an informed decision about which reference management package works best for you
13 Banbury Road,